uk.rec.collecting.misc is an unmoderated newsgroup to provide a
forum for the discussion of all aspects of collecting in the UK. It
is intended to form the basis of a uk.rec.collecting.* sub-hierarchy
as the demand arises.
uk.rec.collecting.misc should appeal to a wide range of people
involved in both the recreational and professional aspects of buying,
selling and collecting antiques and collectables. However it is
not intended primarily as a collecting marketplace. Hopefully, we
will have novices to collecting as well as experts in all aspects
of restoring, repairing and conserving antiques, the amateur as well
as the professional dealer and collector.
Students wishing to find help with history projects may find
uk.rec.collecting.misc a valuable resource. All of these people will
be welcomed to share ideas, ask questions, or simply lurk and learn.
This newsgroup will serve the interests of people in the uk collecting
antique and old-fashioned objects and ephemera.
Collecting the above mentioned items is a popular recreational
activity amongst people of all age groups. This newsgroup will
provide a forum for exchange of information for collectors in the UK.
Subject headers of postings could reflect the type of collectible
item to which the messages refer.
The newsgroup would, for example, help:
Examples of discussion topics might include:
- share a wealth of information on new issues for collectors;
- share interesting articles and/or bibliographies;
- inform collectors about new and innovative accessories that
have come out in the market;
- forward announcements of exhibitions, public auctions, special
- help collectors in the identification/evaluation of items
through the exchange of information;
- post availability of items for personal swaps or sales.
uk.rec.collecting.misc is *not* primarily intended as a forum for
commercial transactions with respect to the buying and selling
of collectibles, antiques or ephemera. Messages containing only
descriptions of articles wanted, or for sale, and commercial
advertisements are not welcome.
- Antiques, books, cards, ceramics, clocks, coins, dolls, furniture,
maps, phonecards, postcards, porcelain, postal-history, sport, stamps.
- Exchanging information regarding suppliers of collectibles, literature
regarding conservation techniques, location of other electronic
- In the future, uk.rec.collecting.misc may develop FAQ's that address
each of the above topics.
Binaries, such as pictures of articles, are not permitted in this
group, but you are invited to put them on a Web page and post the
uk.rec.collecting.misc Antiques and collectibles of interest in the UK